This pendant light is inspired in the remote Asian country of Bhutan. Their law states that 60 per cent of the country’s land area must consist of forest at all times. Sustainable enough, BHUTAN is handcrafted by skilful artisans and therefore each piece is unique. The lampshade comprises two cylindrical elements: the inner intertwines natural-coloured diagonal stripes, while the outer grid combines natural and black stripes. Thus the light shimmers creating a fully soft and warm light. Additionally, it supports an E27, max. 40W light bulb making it suitable for indoor rooms, restaurants or hotel spaces. This designer lamp comes with an adjustable textile cord of 200 cm. We love the idea of combining this pendant with other elements of the BHUTAN’s series.
Sustainable lighting with a good cause
The BHUTAN bamboo pendant lamp belongs to the Good & Mojo sustainable collection. Good & Mojo only uses biodegradable and earth-friendly materials such as recycled paper, cork, wood chips, eco linen and bamboo in all its forms. For every lamp sold, they donate to the WakaWaka foundation who makes electricity accessible to those in need of light over the world. The BHUTAN pendant lamp is made of handwoven bamboo strips, which are completely ecological, helping reduce the environmental impact and pollution levels. Additionally, Wooden Amsterdam donates 1% of its total yearly revenue to planting trees via Trees For All Foundation.
- Measurements: Small shade (Ø40cm, H34cm) or large (Ø50cm, H30 cm) | adjustable cord 200 cm
- Colour: Natural and black lamp shade | black cord | black ceiling cap
- Material: Bamboo lamp shade | fabric cord | iron ceiling cap
- Included: 1 lamp shade + hanging system + screws + instructions
- Dimmable: Yes, with an external dimmer
- Electrical details: Max. 40W | compatible with bulbs of energy class A++, A+, A, B, C, D, E | fitting E27 | 230 V
- Warranty: 1 year (for defects and production errors)
- Variations: Also available as floor- and wall lamp, in small and large