The MEKONG series won the 2017 Ethical Style Edition empowered by Design Plus. This ceiling light is named after the Mekong river that runs through Cambodia and Vietnam. Bamboo is a common material used to build houses and other objects in these countries. However, the only thing that flows from the MEKONG lamp is an air of freshness! This contemporary ceiling light boasts a high contrast design and light tones. The bottom part of this luminaire consists of crisscrossed bamboo strips. This handwoven creation is inspired by the typical Vietnamese and Cambodian carry baskets. While the other half is made of solid bamboo coated in a glossy white. It truly adds elegance and a refined touch whether it’s on or off. For this sustainable ceiling lamp, we advise using a LED filament light bulb. Enjoy the beautiful light patterns that are cast into your living room ceiling. Further, it supports an E27, max 40W bulb and is also available in floor, hanging and table lamp.
Love for planet & people
For each lamp sold, Good & Mojo donates to the humanitarian WakaWaka Foundation. This NGO distributes solar lamps to people in need of electricity in crisis areas, substituting hazardous kerosene lamps. In this way, you contribute to a cleaner environment and a greener planet. This lamp is handmade of sustainable bamboo, a plant that produces 65% more oxygen than a tree and regrows fast once cut. Good & Mojo together with Wooden Amsterdam, plant two trees for every lamp sold!
- Measurements: Ø40 cm x H.40 cm
- Colour: natural/white lampshade | black ceiling cap
- Material: bamboo lampshade | iron ceiling cap
- Included: 1 lamp shade + ceiling rose + screws + instructions
- Dimmable: yes, with an external dimmer
- Electrical details: max. 40W | compatible with bulbs of energy class A++, A+, A, B, C, D, E | fitting E27 | 230 V
- Warranty: 1 year (for defects and production errors)
- Variations: available in a flat, round, tube-shaped, double hanging lamp or as a table lamp